ATLANTA, March 31, 2022 (Globe Newswire) — SAGE (FTSE: SGE), a leader in accounting, financial, human resources and payroll technology for small and medium-sized businesses, partners with Boss Network, an online community of professionals More Entrepreneurial Women Announce 35 Award Winners Today 2022 SEZ Invest in Progress Grant To support black women entrepreneurs in the first five years of their business.
The Sage Invest in Progress Grant is a three-year, $1.5 million commitment by Sage (through the Sage Foundation) to support the newly announced Boss Impact Fund, which aims to invest in businesses led by black women and enable entrepreneurs to become scalable. focused on preparing for Growth aggressive companies. BOSS Impact Fund aims to raise investment funds for 500+ black women entrepreneurs over the next three years.
Initially with a scope of 25 grants, the overwhelming response from over 12,500 applicants across the country encouraged Sage and Boss Network to expand the program with 10 additional grants to the Sage Invest in Progress program. These 35 award winners represent entrepreneurs from across the country and in a variety of industries, including beauty and self-care, consumer goods, business services, health care/wellness, and food and beverage.
As part of the Boss Impact Fund, the Sage Invest in Progress grant includes a 12-month program of entrepreneurial mentorship and education, focused on removing barriers to business success and guiding these entrepreneurs to reach their full potential. is focused.
Each Sage Invest in Progress Grant Awardee receives:
- $10,000 USD in funding
- Quarterly business training courses through BOSS University sponsored by SEZ, focusing on Marketing, Finance, Customer Service and Business Strategy
- Access to the Boss Network online community
- Complimentary Sage Business Cloud Accounting Software
“It’s such an excellent moment for Boss Network,” Kemeka Smith, founder and CEO of BOSS Network, said. “The launch of our first Boss Impact Fund, as well as our incredible partnership with Sage, are a testament to the strength of not only the Boss Network brand, but also the power of our community of entrepreneurs and business owners. We are excited to have the 35 award winners. And look forward to taking them on the path of success.”
“We are amazed by the overwhelming response to our first Invest in Progress grant. It is clear that there is an urgent need to remove the capital investment barrier for black business women.” Aziz Benmalek, Interim President, SAGE North America said, “Sage is committed to supporting these women and continuing to invest in underrepresented communities for an equal future.”
Invest in Progress Grant Award Winners
Here is a list of 35 Early Investment in Progress Grant Award winners, including their businesses and locations:
- Josie Santiago, Akili Vail, Emeryville, CA. is located in
- Iris Hoses, Festive, located in Hacienda Heights, CA
- Tracy-Renee Hubbard, Scotchbonnet!, Hayward, ca. is located in
- Lakewood, CA. Briantria Smokes, Levi’s & Tonk, based in
- Alia Nietoto, Free Range Flower Winery, Livermore, CA. is located in
- Diondry Taylor, Mindset & Milestones based in Los Angeles, CA
- La’Dayshia Hunt, Divinity Remedy, located in San Francisco, CA
- Lydia-Carly Tilles, Sagefem Wellness is located in San Mateo, CA
- Kevanesha Boyd, Quality Consulting, Hamden, CT. is located in
- Naomi Dubsett, Urbanoir, Norwalk, CT. is located in
- Janes Laster, Gut Theory Total Digestive Care, based in Washington, DC
- Brianna Ross, Brown Rose Essentials, Apopka, FL. is located in
- Courtney Gavin, Zelda Company, Boca Raton, FL. is located in
- ATLANTA, GA . Monique Carradine-Kitchen, located in Overflow Enterprises
- ATLANTA, GA . Located in Beverly Iseghohi, SBR4Life
- Jaquacer Middlebrooks, Conyers, GA . Box It UP Design, located in
- Diana King, Eat Unrestricted, located in Litonia, GA
- Janik Blocker, located in Skonet, Marietta, GA
- Marnetia Amanning, Bonded Honestly, Snellville, GA. Located in
- Janine Harelli, IJ Design Studio, based in Chicago, IL
- Yevande Odusanwo, Zora Digital, located in Chicago, IL
- New Orleans, LA. Located in Shanika Valcour-LeDuff, Labor and Love
- Natasha Brown-Winwright, Be’More Made With Pride, based in Baltimore, MD
- Jessica Austin, Creative Carvings, Grand Rapids, MI. are situated
- Machel Lawson, Soul Stretch Yoga & Wellness, located in Warren, MI
- Moss Point, MS . Afredanz Dance Center, located in Nizalon Jackson-Causey
- Keira Gardner, Blend of the Spirit, Chapel Hill, NC. is located in
- Nancy Harris, located in Vontel, Brooklyn, NY
- Samantha Sinclair, Pathway to Purpose, located in Brooklyn, NY
- Kathleen Trigg-Jones, iWomanTV, located in New York, NY
- Amber Hammond, Siella Handmade, located in Columbus, OH
- Nimilolu Fafovora, The Beam Box, located in Medford, OR
- Shunta Grant, Best Today, located in Greer, SC
- Janita Gilliam, Jabber Talk Speech & Consulting, based in Prosper, TX
- Tosin Ojo, CITSAP Consulting, located in Richmond, TX
Funding for the Sage Invest in Progress Grant Program is managed through the Sage Foundation, which was established in 2016 to bring to life Sage’s ambition for social impact. Working with SAGE’s partners, customers and partners, the SAGE Foundation’s mission is to tackle social and economic inequality through investments in education, technology and the environment to give individuals, communities and our planet the opportunity to thrive.
about the sage
SEZ exists to remove the barriers so everyone can thrive, starting with the millions of small and medium sized businesses provided by us, our partners and accountants. Clients rely on our finance, human resources and payroll software to make work and money flow. By digitizing business processes and relationships with customers, suppliers, employees, banks and governments, our digital network connects SMBs, removes friction and provides insight. Removing barriers also means using our time, technology and experience to tackle digital inequality, economic inequality and the climate crisis. Learn more at www.sage.com/en-us/ and www.sageintacct.com.
About Boss Network
Founded by Cameka Smith, BOSS™ is the acronym for “Bringing Out Successful Sisters,” and the network’s mission is to foster and encourage women’s small business spirit and career development. Boss Network is an online community of professional and entrepreneurial women who support each other through conversation, online and event-based networking. Our current goal is to provide access to educational resources and capital for businesses led by Black women seeking long-term growth. To learn more about the BOSS Network, please visit www.TheBOSSNetwork.org.
[ Back To TMCnet.com’s Homepage ]